Department of Legal Affairs
The following are the functions of the Department of Legislative Drafting and Policy
- Coordination of drafting and formulation of all the legislation and policies required by the state in consultation with all the stakeholders concerned by the respective law and policies
- Ensure research and study of the existing laws and come up with legal updates required
- Development of legal requirements of the state research plan with all its requirements
- Coordination of the review all the legislations developed in Somaliland to ensure that they are developed in legal way, in line with the Constitution and Islamic principles
- Coordination of the development and review important policies of the state of Somaliland as required
- Coordination of the development and update website to be uploaded with all the legislations to facilitate easy public access
- Coordination of the development and implementation of alternative mechanisms of dissemination of the reformed law and policies to public and relevant stakeholders
- Coordination of the formulation of the policies, framework and programs to support the legislative drafting, legislative reforming, law and policy dissemination in Somaliland
- Preparation and implementation of the five (5) year strategic plan and budget for the department.
- Preparation and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the Department
- Preparation and implementation of the capacity development for all staff based on the needs assessment and in-line with the Civil Service Commission (CSC) guidelines and requirements.
- Preparation of the annual financial estimates in consultation with the heads of sections
- Coordinating the formulation of the department’s risk management framework, risk profiling, risk reporting and monitoring